Mr. Hillman represents clients including municipalities, school committees, public agencies as well as private employers in labor and employment matters. He has represented employers in disputes in state and federal courts, arbitral forums and agencies including the Department of Labor Relations, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and Civil Service Commission. Mr. Hillman counsels clients in areas including collective bargaining, employee hiring, discipline and termination as well disability-related matters. Mr. Hillman conducts investigations for employers concerning employee workplace complaints and matters involving employee misconduct.
Mr. Hillman represents both public and private sector clients in business-related matters, including review and drafting of vendor contracts, construction-related matters, as well as commercial disputes, land-use and land title matters. Mr. Hillman has also represented shareholders in closely-held corporate disputes as well as providing advice to non-profit corporations over a wide range of employment and business issues.
- Mr. Hillman has authored several articles on commercial and securities laws issues, including Other Peoples’ Money: Problems in Attaching Securities Under Three Versions of U.C.C. Article 8, 16 U.Pitt.J. of Law and Commerce.
- Massachusetts Council of School Attorneys
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Boston College, A.B.
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- School Law
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
- Cohasset Advisory Board Member
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2010-2020